Amateur Astronomers Search
search all past & present cloudy nights
forums from astronomy net
Luminous Stars & Deep Sky Observing
Lecture 8:The ISM- Nebula and Interstellar Dust Bunnies
- ..Red Giants cool, luminous stars upper right on HR diagrams must have large radius White Dwarfs.. ..very hot, very luminous stars Slide # 8: Red Giants.. ..K and M stars with low luminosity a few are Blue Giants hot, luminous stars a very few are Blue Supergiant.. ..Stellar Lifetime O stars are more luminous than M stars 1,000,000 brighter O stars are more massive than M.. - ndex1
**** Spectroscopic Catalogues ****
- ..NAOJ Catalogue of Luminous Stars in the Southern Milky Way [new ver - 3043 ] by.. ..NAOJ Catalog of Luminous Stars in the Southern Milky Way (LSS) LS by Stephenson,Sanduleak,1971 S 255KB.. ..files 3015 NAOJ Luminous Stars in the Northern Milky Way [new ver - 3076 ] by.. ..Stars F2 and Earlier in a North Galactic Pole Region [SS59] by Slettebak,Stock,1959 S 21KB 4.. - ndex1
AAVSO: P Cygni
- ..luminous they become. On the upper reaches of the main sequence , stars can become so luminous that radiation pressure from the heat.. ..lot . The luminous blue variables are stars barely holding themselves together although their massive sizes.. ..S Doradus or luminous blue variable stars, and the namesake for a curious phenomenon in astrophysics... ..are intrinsically very luminous because they're so massive. They're blue also because they are massive stars near the main sequence, and so.. - ndex3
Stellar classification at AllExperts
- ..stars are very hot and very luminous, being bluish in colour in fact, most of their.. ..B Class B stars are extremely luminous and blue ... ..huge, Class O stars burn through their hydrogen fuel very quickly, and are the first stars to leave the main sequence .:.. - ndex4
**** Combined Data ****
- ..Luminous Stars in Associations and Clusters, Luminous and Early-Type Stars in the Field by Humphreys,Blaha+,1984 D.. ..5044 CDS NAOJ Luminous Stars in Associations and Clusters, Luminous and Early-Type Stars in the Field by Humphreys,Blaha+,1984 D.. ..and Ages of Stars in 12 Open Clusters by Myakutin,Sagar+,1984 D S 36KB 2 files 5044.. - ndex1
Star classification - Scientia Astrophysical Organization
- ..star. Class O stars are very hot and luminous, being.. ..lines. Class O stars emit most of their radiation in ultra-violet. Class B stars are again very luminous, Rigel (in the great constellation Orion).. ..O and B stars are .. ..luminous, being blue in colour. Naos (in the constellation Puppis) shines with a power close to.. - ndex2
The Universe within 5000 Light Years - The Orion Arm
- ..All of these stars are bright giant and supergiant stars, thousands of times more luminous than the Sun. The.. ..of the most luminous stars within 2000 light years together with most of the major star.. ..stars in the constellation of Orion - from which the spiral arm gets its name. All.. - ndex1
Lecture 7:The HR-Diagram- They Might Be Giants?
- ..Red Giants cool, luminous stars upper right on HR diagrams must have large radius White Dwarfs.. ..Blue Giants hot, luminous stars a very few are Blue Supergiant very hot, very luminous stars Slide # 42: The Main Sequence.. ..hot, low luminosity stars lower left on HR diagram must .. - ndex1
Telescope Reviews: Regarding nebula classification...
- ..nearby hot and luminous stars rather than emitting much light on their own. They tend to.. ..from super-hot and luminous stars in or very close to the nebula that hits the gas.. - ndex13
Astromart News - Hubble Captures Image of a Star Eight Years Before it Exploded as a Supernova
- ..a class of stars called Luminous Blue Variables (LBVs), "because no other type of star.. ..luminous stars topping 100 solar masses, such as Eta Carinae in our own Milky Way Galaxy,.. ..a pair of stars, a binary system that merged. This would have stoked nuclear reactions to.. - ndex8
PSI XMM Page
- ..detections are extremely luminous. X-ray luminosities of single stars up to 10^5 times the.. ..star formation. Hot stars belong to a rather luminous class of steller objects. As to the.. - ndex4
Telescope Reviews: M11: open cluster, or globular?
- ..luminous stars in globular clusters are red giants, not Main Sequence stars. For example the stars you see resolved in M-13 have.. ..temperature. The most luminous stars in globular clusters are red giants, not Main Sequence stars. For example the stars you.. - ndex13
Stars Fill Most Of The Universe.
- ..the night sky. Stars are massive, luminous balls of plasma. Stars group together to form galaxies. Stars dominate.. ..stars fill most of the universe. | Stars are visible as points of light in the.. - ndex0
Interstellar Medium and the Milky Way
- ..from young high-metallicity stars and are about 4 times more luminous than Type II Cepheids. Below is.. ..4 times less luminous than Type I. Below is the light curve of a W Virginis.. ..database of variable stars. Note the differences in the shape of the light.. - ndex4
Telescope Reviews: The Andromeda Galaxy (M31) - Ground based scopes?
- ..range. The "super luminous" stars in M31 with absolute magnitudes of -9 are somewhat rare, so.. ..so the brightest stars in that galaxy would be in the +17.4 to +15.4 visual magnitude.. - ndex12